Software Engineering Blog

Marcela Mera Trujillo is the program Graduate Service Assistant

My Name is Marcela Mera Trujillo. I was born in Colombia and developed an early interest in astronomy, physics, math, and robotics. Due to this, I did my undergraduate degree in Engineering Physics at my hometown university, Universidad del Cauca. After graduation, I moved to the United States to pursue further education. I got my Master's in Mathematics from West Virginia University and continue to study for my Ph.D. in Computer Science. Over the years, I have recognized the importance of helping. It wasn't easy to move from my home country and suddenly start speaking a new language as well as moving around a new university environment, but many people and University's staff have contributed to move forward and enjoy my study time. Now as a Graduate Services Assistant for the WVU's online software engineering program, I enjoy helping prospective students to navigate their new environment and to support the development of the program to new interactive technologies. 

Dale

“The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author (s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of West Virginia University.”